Here’s another pdf from the awesome Chatham Grammar School did during Stage 3: Becoming Plastic Clever. Have a read – it will be sure to help 👍 👇👇👇👇DOWNLOAD
Yay! You’ve registered as a Plastic Clever School
PLEASE NOTE: This is a web page version of the Welcome email we send out to schools that register. We published it as a page because many schools were saying they hadn’t received the Welcome email – probably caught in a spam folder.
Anyway, thank you for registering on our Plastic Clever School initiative! Yay, it’s great to have you onboard!
With registration completed, you are now ready for Stage 2 – Raising Awareness.
Stage 2 is all about making as many people as possible aware of the issues associated with single-use plastic, whether it’s drinks bottles, cutlery or straws – it doesn’t matter! The important thing is you get people talking about disposable plastic and how much they use.
This digital Welcome Pack contains links for:
- A Plastic Clever School ‘Steps to become Plastic Clever’ poster with suggested activities *
- A pupil-friendly Progress Tracker – a chart to track your progress through this stage of your Plastic Clever journey
- An ocean-themed clip art bundle – use this download link to access the images and then use them for displays and general use e.g. poster making
- Four page spread titled: ‘An Introduction to Plastics’ taken from Amy and Ella’s book Be Plastic Clever, published by DK: Pages 18 & 19 | Pages 20 & 21
- A printable poster – a “We’re raising awareness of plastic pollution” poster to help you galvanise support *
- Ideas – an Ideas Bank to help you complete this stage, Stage 2 – Raising Awareness *
- And here are some of our resources we’ve tagged to help you raise awareness of plastic pollution
* = FREE Physical A3 printed versions available on request. Please email with your school address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also take a moment to check out these case studies as they might give you some ideas and inspiration, too.
On completion of Stage 2 …
When you’ve completed this stage, send us a photograph using the form provided on this page.
Any questions or feedback, please do get in touch.
Thanks again for your amazing work – you are awesome!
Completed Stage 2 – Raising Awareness?
You have? Great! Use the form below to send us your evidence so we can move you onto Stage 3 – Becoming a Plastic Clever School.
Recent Plastic Clever SchoolPosts
We love sharing ideas from other schools as a way of helping provide ideas and inspiration for others – including ourselves. Attached is a pdf of the amazing work Chatham…DOWNLOAD
All schools that register on the Plastic Clever Schools initiative receives a free set of educational resources, and even more when they reach Plastic Clever School status. Sign up here:…Read More
A Powerpoint presentation made by students of Haydon Eco Club. The students created and used this as part of their KS2 / KS3 Transition Project. For more information about the…Read More
Haydon School Eco Club Karen Norton and her students ran an amazing project with her Eco Club that not only raised awareness and understanding of the issues associated with single-use plastic,…DOWNLOAD