Investigating materials based on their properties and making decisions about the suitability of materials for different contexts and situations.
- KS1- identifying and classifying
- KS1- performing simple tests
- KS1- identify and compare the suitability of a variety of everyday materials, including wood, metal, plastic, glass, brick, rock, paper and cardboard for particular uses
- KS2- making systematic and careful observations and, where appropriate, taking accurate measurements using standard units, using a range of equipment, including thermometers and data loggers
- KS2- compare and group together everyday materials on the basis of their properties, including their hardness, transparency, conductivity (electrical and thermal)…
Describe, compare and test different materials
Justify which material is best for a given purposeDONE