A lesson guide suitable for KS1 and KS2 that looks at the term ‘recycling’ and how this applies to (or not) different materials such as plastic.
- identifying and classifying
- distinguish between an object and the material from which it is made
- identify and name a variety of everyday materials, including wood, plastic, glass, metal, water, and rock
- compare and group together a variety of everyday materials on the basis of their simple physical properties
- gathering, recording, classifying and presenting data in a variety of ways to help in answering questions
- Classify materials according to a variety of properties
Understand and use the term recycle
Identify and describe plastic, understanding that not all plastics look the same.
Identify plastic objects that can be recycled