a charity setup by kids, for kids
Hello! We’re Amy and Ella Meek, aged 16 and 14, and the founders of Kids Against Plastic!
Not long ago we came across the UN’s Global Goals and got inspired to do our bit for the planet, and after finding out about the negative effect single-use plastic is having on the environment, we launched the Kids Against Plastic campaign.
GET INVOLVED … do your bit
- Raise awareness and understanding of the problems caused by plastic misuse
- Encourage and support others to become ‘Plastic Clever’ and reduce single-use plastics
- Empower children and young people to believe they can make a difference
Thank you for visiting Kids Against Plastic.
Jump to one of the main sections
Find resources for kids, teachers and families, as well as a stack of ideas to help you to start taking action against single-use plastics.
Plastic News Stories
- Court hearing over a licence to pollute Six of the biggest water companies in England and Wales are ...
- The UK Marine & Coastal Access Act The UK Marine & Coastal Access Act commits the UK to an ambitious ...
Find out what we’ve been up to lately
Catch up with the blog , resource updates , activism and litter mapping
Amy investigates what happens if microfibres are released from our clothes when they are washed in a washing machine, and if they are, what happens to the fibres once they enter…Read More
With the current governmental push for a deposit return scheme, and a continuous reliance on recycling as the answer to our plastic consumption, should we really be focussing all our…Read More
Here are five easy ways you can reduce how much single-use plastic you use.Read More
Big corporations that use billions of tonnes of single-use plastic a year globally are a BIG part of the single-use plastic disaster, but as this video shows, when shareholders demand…Read More
Ella (presenter of Sky Kids’ FYI – a weekly news programme for kids) and her sister (co-founder of charity Kids Against Plastic) were challenged by the FYI team to avoid…Read More