A charity setup by kids for kids
Hello! We’re Amy and Ella Meek, aged 15 and 13, and the founders of Kids Against Plastic!
Not long ago we came across the UN’s Global Goals and got inspired to do our bit for the planet, and after finding out about the negative effect single-use plastic is having on the environment, we launched the Kids Against Plastic campaign.
- Raise awareness and understanding of the problems caused by plastic misuse
- Encourage and support others to become ‘Plastic Clever’ and reduce single-use plastics
- Empower children and young people to believe they can make a difference
Through opportunities for Youth Social Action and greater engagement in important issues, we believe that young people will make huge differences to world they are going to inherit, and we want to help as many other children as we can find their voices.
Our child-led Plastic Clever Schools initiative is the perfect way to empower young people to become change-makers and lead their own schools towards being ‘cleverer’ with its use of plastics.
Thank you for visiting Kids Against Plastic.
Jump to one of the main sections
Find resources for kids, teachers and families, as well as a stack of ideas to help you to start taking action against single-use plastics.
Plastic News Stories
- MCS has taken Fisheries Minister, Huw Irranca-Davies on a day trip to Lundy Island to see England's ...
- The Marine Conservation Society has found three highly qualified individuals who will be able to rep ...
- The Marine Conservation Society has been involved in securing a groundbreaking agreement from the We ...
- A mid ocean floating plastic dump, that's just been discovered in the Atlantic, has been labelled a ...
- MCS Aquaculture Office, Dawn Purchase, has told the EU Fisheries Commission in Brussels that environ ...
- Court hearing over a licence to pollute Six of the biggest water companies in England and Wales are ...
- The UK Marine & Coastal Access Act The UK Marine & Coastal Access Act commits the UK to an ambitious ...
Find out what we’ve been up to lately
Catch up with the blog , resource updates , activism and litter mapping
Big corporations that use billions of tonnes of single-use plastic a year globally are a BIG part of the single-use plastic disaster, but as this video shows, when shareholders demand…Read More
Ella (presenter of Sky Kids’ FYI – a weekly news programme for kids) and her sister (co-founder of charity Kids Against Plastic) were challenged by the FYI team to avoid…Read More
A Powerpoint presentation made by students of Haydon Eco Club. The students created and used this as part of their KS2 / KS3 Transition Project. For more information about the…Read More
Haydon School Eco Club Karen Norton and her students ran an amazing project with her Eco Club that not only raised awareness and understanding of the issues associated with single-use plastic,…DOWNLOAD
When ATAG (Air Transport Action Group) invited Amy and Ella to speak about single-use plastics at the Global Aviation Sustainability Summit in Geneva in October 2018, the Kids Against Plastic…Read More